TED-Ed

I thought I would use some of my own ideas in my first post, but I stumbled across an amazing web site, so I wanted to share it with you.

TED-Ed is a sort of a video library that allows its users to take any useful educational video and easily create a customized lesson around the video. It includes videos and lessons for every school subject and since they are all in English, English language teachers can make use of all of them. Users can distribute the lessons, publicly or privately, and track their impact on the world, a class, or an individual student. Here is a short website tour:

       


I love this video lesson on Shakespeare and his words. It deals with certain insults from Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet and explains them in a funny way. You can use it as a material for some listening activities or as an introduction to a lesson about Shakespeare or his work. It is most suitable for high school students, since they already have some preknowledge about literature in general. Also, take their proficiency level into consideration.

      

To see the full lesson around this video click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hints on Pronunciation for Foreigners

Simulations and Role-Plays

Fortune Teller