True / False Flags

I'm still pretty busy, but yesterday I spent the whole day doing this DIY project for my practicum, so I just wanted to share what I made with you.

I had to hold a class to 6th graders and I wanted to amp it up a bit because the topic wasn't very interesting. Therefore, I decided to create these true / false flags for the students to use during a typical true/false activity. I read some statements connected to the text we were working on and they had to raise a "T" flag if a statement was correct and an "F" flag if it was false. They were ecstatic when they saw the flags, so if you have some free time, try spending it on creating them, your students will love you and you'll be able to reuse them for sure.


So, you'll need the following:
- some long and thick straws in two colors
- some paper in two colors
- scissors
- glue
- ruler
- markers






Step 1:

Cut the straws in half. The easiest and fastest way to do that is to measure the first one and then just use already cut one as a stencil.



Step 2:

Cut the paper in half, so that you get two long pieces. You can also use the first one as a stencil.



Step 3:

Fold the paper in half, put some glue in the middle, and put a straw on it.



Step 4:

Put some more glue on one side of the paper, fold the rest over and stick together.



Step 5:

Write "T" on one color flags and "F" on another ones. And that's it!




I hope this helps and would like to see your recreations if you try it out. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hints on Pronunciation for Foreigners

Simulations and Role-Plays

Fortune Teller